Monday, April 14, 2008

Writer's Block...

May 2007 i guess it was....i had just finished Os Amantes nd was searchin for a different topic other then love failure for my next work(a lot of my friends suspected i just had a love failure,some of them even made stories)......
I first thought of writing a report on the sorry state of Indian cricket and ways to improve it.............
(India had just crashed out of d world cup then)...By the time i made up a good report,India had won the 20 20 world cup and everything was fine again...So that remains still in d shelf for d next time India messes in cricket.....
By then months had passed since my last work nd the words Vyali my bloguru said to me when i
started blogging was ringing in my ears,"keep blogging,never stop,there are some who start blogging with some zest,but in due course stop blogging after some time....."...I did not wnt to be among them....I hated them....So with that mind set,i came online...sat in front of my computer
with one aim-to write a new blog,to let the whole world hear from me again.............
I started typing...but very soon i had to close my window ......my imagination was dryin up....
i could not type....Writer's Block or something like that was upon me.....
I had become what i had loathed.....i had become a dead blogger....efforts were on straight away to 'phoenix'ify my blogging.....I badly needed a subject,nd complexes prevented me from choosing a topic on love.....
By that time i had begun to travel a lot on train(first time in my life alone).....i went to all sorts of colleges....some on top of mountains...some in the middle of rubber plantations....for fests....some of those journeys were successful,some not....I wanted to write about my journey's but this time
my hands were trembling when i entered blogger....i could not type even if wanted to........
Something was blocking me....what was it i don't know.....
then one day my friend Manzu(aka manju aka manzoor)..visited friendscetians nd next day was
askin the same thing which many had asked me before....y aint u blogging nw?......
I did not have an answer...but he did make me recollect each and everyone of my past posts.......
nd the obvious fun i had in writin them........
I decided that day that i will blog again.....but what to blog about.....a lot of topics went thru my mind.......
Then it dawned on me....y not write about the very thing that kept me from blogging for a year......y not blog about my writer's block?....
So here i am writing about my writer's block in order to end my writer's block.......Hopefully my worst has passd nd i will blog again......Hopefully..........

2 comments:

blah said...

you should be bloggin about the lessons i have been teaching you, the culinary skills i mean!!!!! y not!!!

blah said...

and you may even blog about you buddies - singer chatterbox johnny bravo....

how dare you say u have a writers blog!!!!!!!!!!!